Ludger Larose was born in Montreal in 1868. Between 1887 and 1894, Ludger Larose studied drawing at the École des Beaux-arts in Paris from 1887 to 1894 with Jean-Paul Laurens and Gustave Moreau. After returning to Montreal in 1894, he taught at the École du Plateau until 1910, and then in Westmount public schools from 1912 to 1915. He died in Montreal in 1915.
Larose made his mark as a church decorator ( the Sacré-Cœur Chapel at Notre-Dame Cathedral in Montréal) and as a landscape painter of the Laurentian area as well as other subjects.
Larose won a prize in an evening school in Paris.
Source: Colin S. Macdonald, A dictionary of Canadian Artists, Volume 3, 1975